You are here: Home > Allgemein > Public Housing Tenancy Agreement

Public Housing Tenancy Agreement

The lease is a legally binding document that includes the following: If English is not your first language, the social housing lease is available in a number of languages to help you understand your rights and obligations as a tenant. The Residential Tenancies and Room Accommodation Act 2008 clearly states what is included in this agreement. If you are unable to participate in a lease review, contact Housing SA as soon as possible: Yes – you should have received a copy of the agreement after signing it. There is a breach of the agreement if part of the agreement is broken. Housing SA regularly carries out lease checks: if you have been evicted due to disruptive behaviour or if your lease has not been renewed, you will not be able to express your interest in social housing and will not be offered social housing for 12 months. Current leases do not have an end date. These agreements are no longer issued and only apply to: The breach of the terms of your lease may include the following: There are three main types of leases in social housing: The state lease is a legal contract between the department (also called the owner/owner) and you, the tenant. The agreement describes your rights and obligations, as well as those of the ministry. All new tenants receive a trial lease for the first 12 months. You are responsible for maintaining your tenancy in accordance with your lease and the Residential Tenancies and Room Accommodation Act 2008.

Just like tenants living in private rental properties, you must respect the terms of your lease, be a good neighbour and take care of social housing at all times. No other social housing will be offered to you for six months if: You must also keep a copy of your signed and dated agreement. The ministry will also keep a copy on file. More information can be found in the Guide to the Social Housing Lease PDF (2.4 MB). Trial period and fixed-term leases – SA Housing Authority You must start your rental within seven days of the date you accepted the offer. The tenant is the person who signs the lease. Only one person can sign a social housing lease. It is the tenant`s responsibility to ensure that anyone who lives or visits their home complies with the terms of the lease.

The duration of a term lease depends on your personal circumstances and how you have complied with the terms of your trial lease. If you breach the terms of your lease, Housing SA may take steps to terminate your tenancy by contacting the Civil and Administrative Court of South Australia (SACAT). Your rental agreement, also known as the rental conditions, sets out your rights and obligations as well as those of Housing SA. These responsibilities are the conditions you accept at the beginning of your rental. You will continue with this type of agreement, provided you respect all the conditions of your lease. If you meet all the conditions of this lease, you will be offered a fixed-term lease. Below you will find information on how to start a social housing rental in the Northern Territory. Ending a rental policy for social housing – SA Housing Authority It is important that you read and understand the lease. A breach of the Agreement may result in a dispute between you and the Department. If it is not resolved, you or the ministry can take steps to end your tenancy. Fixed-term leases can be valid for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.

If you`re having trouble understanding your lease, ask your local housing office for additional help. More information can be found in the information sheet on the maintenance of vacant properties in Pdf (475.8 KB). If you need help negotiating with Housing SA or with a SACAT hearing, the Tenant Information and Advocacy Service may be able to help. It is a free and independent service that provides advice, support and advocacy to tenants. A condition report on your property will also be completed before you move in, and you will be asked to be there, help and accept what is being recorded. Step 1. Select the desired PDF file and right-click „Save Link As“ or „Save Target As“ on your computer. Interpreters are also available if you need them. Learn more about interpretation services. To listen to the audio, you need to download the manual to your computer (the audio will not play in the web browser).

Step 3.Open the guide and click on the „Ear“ icon to play the audio. Be sure to read it carefully so that you know all your rights and obligations. Keep it in a safe place in case you need to check anything in the future. These status reports are essential to protect you as a tenant and the service from maintenance costs that are not their responsibility. The guide is available in the following languages. Download the files to listen to the audio. You can choose to have someone with you during the exam, for example. B a family member, friend or support agent.

If SACAT decides that you must leave the property, it sets a date by which you must move. If you have not moved by this date, a bailiff will visit the property and the locks will be changed. You can get free legal advice from the Commission des services juridiques. If you would like a representative to act on your behalf, complete another person`s consent form to attend a home visit on your behalf. Send it back to Housing SA before your lease review. Housing SA will send you a letter informing you of the result of your examination. Before moving in, you must follow all of the following steps: Your lease may not be renewed and you will be asked to leave if you: If you breach a condition, your lease may be terminated and you will be asked to move. All items left on the property will be treated as abandoned goods. Step 2.Make sure you have the correct version of Adobe Reader and Flash to play the audio.

For more information, see the Adobe website. .

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Comments are closed.